It seems as though Christmas memories are at least in part associated with stories, movies, and shows that we’ve learned to love over the years. Some of my favorites:
1. The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry. I remember seeing a play based on this classic story years ago. It’s a beautiful example of giving and irony.
2. Martin Luther’s Christmas Book. This little volume is a collection of Martin Luther’s sermons or talks on the Christmas texts from Luke 2 and Matthew 1. It’s a treasure!
4. It’s a Wonderful Life. The classic Frank Capra movie I can’t seem to enjoy Christmas without!
5. The Bishop’s Wife. Although this classic with David Niven from 1947 is not too much about Christmas, I love it.
6. Home Alone. Love this funny Christmas movie and how the kid outsmarts the crooks.
What are your faves?
The Murphys made this recipe (p. 35) in the cookbook for me. Thank you, Murphs! The recipe makes quite a few.
Here they laid out the ingredients:
And the mixture:
On the griddle: